How To Sort Your Waste On Campus
On campus we have three types of waste, compost, recycling and landfill.
- Food waste is the most generally accepted compostable material.
- Since we bring our compost to a commercial composting facility on Bee's Ferry, we can also compost plant based plastic such as Greenstripe or EcoProduct items that are marked with a green stripe.
- At City Bistro and Marty's Place we have a pulper where you can dispose of any of these compostable items along with your food waste. Any items given out at these locations are compostable.
- At Liberty Fresh Food Co, our team handles the sorting themselves, just leave it on the conveyor belt!
- Recycling locations can be found throughout campus next to landfill bins.
- Look bins for cans, paper and plastic.
For more information on campus waste, visit The Center for Sustainable Development's Zero Waste Page